יום שלישי, 17 בינואר 2012

New comment on "How do you explain cloud computing to your colleagues?"

LinkedIn Groups

To address the in-laws or the cocktail party inquisitive, I answer with a question: "Do you have an Android or iPhone you use any apps on?" If they answer "yes", then
I tell them those apps are Cloud Computing because they are using data that is not sitting stored on their smartphone, but instead is coming from computers (I intentionally don't say "servers") out in the Cloud. Some smartphone users don't realize they are using an "app" so I explain that there calendar or WeatherBug app's, etc., are cloud apps. Walter Mossberg's substituting the word Internet for Cloud works fine I'd agree.
Posted by Emmet

Like this comment » Comment » Stop Following Discussion »

 

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2011, LinkedIn Corporation.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה