יום שישי, 17 בפברואר 2012

New comment on "How do you explain cloud computing to your colleagues?"

LinkedIn Groups

If I really have to dumb it down I generally go with: "Cloud computing delivers technology services such as Telephony, Servers, Desktop, and Data Backup, from a providers data center, as-needed, and on a monthly per-seat basis." I often use Facebook and LinkedIn as cloud service examples in that they are omni-present and not stored locally. In some cases, if I'm still getting a blank state, I just say: "You know all of the noisy boxes with blinking lights in the hot little room that your IT people are always swearing at? That goes away, is housed at a large data center which you then access via an Internet connection." That's when even the dimmest bulbs go on.

My company is a cloud service provider and we have struggled at times to communicate exactly what the cloud is. We ultimately came up with a "Cloud 101" section on our web site to explain it. Here's the link:
http://gurl.im/458b2Cl I'd be curious to see what you all think of this explanation.
Posted by Thomas Gaydos

Like this comment » Comment » Stop Following Discussion »

 

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2012, LinkedIn Corporation.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה