יום ראשון, 26 ביוני 2011

New comment on "How do you explain cloud computing to your colleagues?"

LinkedIn Groups

While it is important to give correct information, as you have said, several definitions are not mutually exclusive. The problem I find with the NIST doctorate (joking :P) is there are too many adjectives and, quite frankly irrelevant verbiage.

The cost savings, calling out specific verticals, barriers etc. don't really matter when defining something. Tea is hot water with different leaves added for flavor. It doesn't matter that it's cheaper than soda and healthier than sake. Sure that's an abstract parallel, but hopefully you get what I mean.

I also notice a trend where the more incorrect a persons personal definition is, generally the less they understand. I can't speak for anyone else but it's hard for me to accept someone telling me I'm wrong when it's such an impersonal medium. :)
Posted by Jerome Mills

Like this discussion » Comment » Stop Following Discussion »

 
 NEW 
 
Now you can comment by replying to this email.
 

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2011, LinkedIn Corporation.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה