יום שבת, 9 ביולי 2011

New comment on "How do you explain cloud computing to your colleagues?"

LinkedIn Groups

We have all been doing this for years, the difference being it is not customer centric. If you look back 20 years and consider the model of billing departments for their usage, the underlying principles are the same. You pay for what you consume.

When educating management, ensure that risk is socialized. In the car rental analogy (which is a good one), if I forget my wallet in the glove box, I have exposed myself to a potential vulnerability which could result in significant financial harm. If I own the car, I would be concerned that my kids would find the wallet, take the money out and spend it on ice cream.

Companies need to consider the risk/reward when evaluating the technology to ensure that the appropriate controls are embedded in the chosen deployment model.
Posted by Michael Andreozzi

Like this discussion » Comment » Stop Following Discussion »

 
 NEW 
 
Now you can comment by replying to this email.
 

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2011, LinkedIn Corporation.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה